I did the "tsm licenses...." command, and restarted Tableau.
I can do "tsm licenses list" and see the license. However, I cannot do the "tabcmd initialuser" command. It tells me that it fails to acquire a license.
I have not restarted the physical server since it is used by the whole group, but can schedule a restart if needed.
Thank you for you help. I will try to bubble up a support path through our project manager to Tableau support.
Once you find an answer, please post here so hopefully all can learn from it.
Went around the block a couple of times with Tableau Support and finally got where I needed to be. I did two things;
1) Restarted the server where Tableau Server was installed (then manually stopped the Tableau services)
2) Ran the tableau-server-obliterate command script with the ".cmd" extension..."tableau-server-obliterate.cmd -y -y -y -l"
This time the obliterate script kicked off a window that looked like it was doing something. When it was finished, the services were gone, and all but the scripts directory was removed from the Program Files directory.
I was then able to turn around an install successfully. When I got to the administrators account, I used a domain account with local administrator's privileges and it worked.
Thank you for your help with this issue.