3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2018 7:12 AM by Chad Clauson

Percent of Total Using Two Charts?

Chad Clauson

I have trend chart where I want to show percent of totals so that I can identify spikes in my data. Attached is a sample workbook I've created. In the first chart, a dashboard action is set so that you can see the specific errors to that category show up in the second chart and see the total count for the category in the third chart. Likewise, a dashboard is set in the 2nd chart to show the total count for that error in the third chart.

In my third chart, I wanted to show percent of total. For example, if I select "Secondary Error" from the first chart, I have counts of 326 306 239 on my trend chart. Instead like to show those numbers as percent of totals. For Oct 1 : 326/(total number of error counts across all category for that day), for Oct 2: 306/(total number of error counts across all category for that day), for Oct 3:  239/(total number of error counts across all categories for that day), so basically specific category count / all categories count to give me my percent of total. Likewise, I'd like the ability to also drill even further and do it by error code. So specific error code count / total number of error counts. Is this possible?