can you please attach workbook with sample data.
Highlighting can be achieved with the combination of parameter and then calculated field and using the calculated field in color shelf.
Below are the steps:
1. Create parameter using the existing dimension (in your scenario student)
2. Create a calculated field with the formulas as below:
IF [Category1]=[Parameter].[Category] Then "1"
3. Drag your calculated field onto color shelf in the sheet.
4. Use the required fields in the sheet (columns/rows)
5. Based on the selection of the value from the parameter (for ex: student) it will highlight with particular color and remaining will highlight in particular color. You can change the colors based on your requirement.
Below is the final output screenshot for your reference.
Hope this helps. If this helps please mark answer as helpful.