2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2018 10:01 AM by marc de Latour

Boolean Parameter as Button

marc de Latour

I have a boolean parameter T/F that toggles a "target" line while permanently displaying the Actual.  is there anyway to make this boolean parameter a button on/off ect?

the data structure is by col

rgn

date

actual

target

• 1. Re: Boolean Parameter as Button
          Joe Oppelt

I don't understand the question.  What you want to do is exactly one of the uses of a parameter is for.

I usually set mine to Y/N for things like this.  Make a new measure calc:

If [target Parameter] = Y then [Target] END

This will either load the data values of [Target] into the new calc, or load null into every value.  for every row.  Use that measure instead of the original measure field.  That line on the chart will either be populated or will disappear depending on what the user selected.

If you are asking something else, I missed the point of your question.

• 2. Re: Boolean Parameter as Button
            marc de Latour

Sorry not explaining myself very well, i will attempt here.

I was hoping to create a button "Target" or "on and off" and have it represent this parameter.... wasn't sure if there was a work around, ie attaching it to a field and use action to create button.  I was not able to make a field that was able to represent this line.

currently i have  a target field which I can turn off with a parameter.  The data structure is as follows:

by col:

rgn

date

actual

target

I was hoping to create a button "Target" and have it represent this parameter.... wasn't sure if there was a work around, ie attaching it to a field and a action field.  I was not able to make a field that was able to represent this line.