2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2018 10:53 AM by Jon Vance

Refresh option when publishing data extract using TABCMD

Jon Vance

Hi,

I am publishing a .hyper extract to Tableau server using TABCMD.  Here is the command:

tabcmd publish "D:\Temp\2\TableauTemp\TEMP_0iix1891p5nxnx1erd70m0fjbogw.hyper" -n "Core Sales SQL" --db-username "myusername" --db-password "mypassword

It does publish, but there is no option to Refresh Extracts. 

I want to embed the credentials into the extract when I publish so I can then schedule a refresh of the extract.

May someone advise what token(s) I have to add or change in the TABCMD code so the .hyper extract publishes with the option to refresh?

Sincerely,

Jon

• 1. Re: Refresh option when publishing data extract using TABCMD
          Sankarmagesh Rajan

Hi Jon

This command takes the name of the workbook or data source as it appears on the server, not the file name when it was published. Only an administrator or the owner of the workbook or data source is allowed to perform this operation.

tabcmd refreshextracts --datasource sales_ds

tabcmd refreshextracts --project "Sales External" --datasource sales_ds

tabcmd refreshextracts --workbook "My Workbook"

tabcmd refreshextracts --url SalesAnalysis

tabcmd refreshextracts --workbook "My Workbook" --addcalculations

tabmd refreshextracts --datasource sales_ds --removecalculations

--save-db-password

Stores the provided database password on the server.

if you want to schedule then goto browser and add any of extract refresh time.

Thanks

sankar

• 2. Re: Refresh option when publishing data extract using TABCMD
            Jon Vance

Hi Sankarmagesh,

Thank you for response,and your list of refreshextract commands.  But this is not what I am trying to do.  I am trying to publish an extract using TABCMD that has embedded credentials so authentication will Allow refresh access.  Do you know the switches for TABCMD that can do that?  I do not see where we can embed credentials. 

It should work like the process from Tableau desktop:  Server >Publish Data Source >Authentication >Edit >Allow refresh access.

Sincerely,

Jon