1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 12, 2018 8:54 AM by Brad Baker

Update Server 2018.2.0 to 2018.2.2 on a multi-node cluster

Ralph Ulrich

Does anybody know if I have to follow the same procedure I did when upgrading from 2018.1 generating bootstrap files etc.?

Or will the update just require to execute the setup on the main node like in the earlier versions?

• 1. Re: Update Server 2018.2.0 to 2018.2.2 on a multi-node cluster
          Brad Baker

I was just studying the docs for a 18.2.0 to 18.2.2 upgrade I am doing tomorrow.  It is a new procedure that seems to be a lot easier/faster.

I'd done the upgrade on a single node server earlier, and it went like this:

- Do a backup

- With Tableau Server still running, run the 18.2.2 installer (this stages files for the update script.)

- After the installer finishes, shut down Tableau Server and run the upgrade script.

- Restart Tableau Server and verify

- Be happy

So my plan for my 3-node upgrade is:

- Do a backup

- With Tableau Server still running, run the 18.2.2 installer ON EACH NODE.

- After the installer finishes, shut down Tableau Server and run the upgrade script ON EACH NODE.

- Restart Tableau Server and verify

- Be happy

The thing I am not sure about is that the old version still shows installed, and I am not sure if its safe to uninstall:

- Brad

1 of 1 people found this helpful