3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2018 8:15 AM by Brandon Kidwell

Dashboard action not pulling through to all dashboards

Ed Yeldham

Hello,

I am trying to build a series of dashboards to drill through data.  Attached is my dashboard.

4 dashboards in red tabs work drilling from Customer (level 1) to select a customer bubble pulls through correctly to show the customer but then split by product category.  You can then select a category and see the range of products in that category for the customer originally selected and then see the SKU's.

3 dashboards in green don't work and I can't see why.

As an example select light green circle on COM customers for CHAIR.  Correctly displays the CHAIR ranges for the COM customers.Select the beige circle for SHOREDITCH it should show you SHOREDITCH CHAIRS only SKU's for COM customers.  On the SKU list you'll note it doesn't as it shows STOOLS as well as CHAIRS which is incorrect.  I thought applying the first dashboard action filter to the SKU sheet as well would resolve it but it doesn't.

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Dashboard action not pulling through to all dashboards
          Brandon Kidwell

Hello Ed,

This looks great and you have a lot here so I'm not certain if this is the right solution without taking more time to get familiar with your workbook but it seems you can solve this by adding Product Category (New) to your Selct for SKU dtail Action.  Then add Product Category (New) to Detail on the Range Drill 2 worksheet.

One note, this activates the SKU drilldown but it altered your Bubble view on Range Drill 2 so I'm not sure it that is correct.  If this is not correct, hopefully it helps.

Thanks and best,

Brandon

• 2. Re: Dashboard action not pulling through to all dashboards
            Ed Yeldham

Brandon,

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly.  I had tried that but it doesn't work as Product Category(New) is not on the Range Drill 2 sheet (which is the Range Detail Dash).

I thought that as I applied the action filter that is applied to Range Detail (generated by the action from the Category Dash) also to the SKU detail sheet it would all work.

Confused...........

Ed

• 3. Re: Dashboard action not pulling through to all dashboards
              Brandon Kidwell

No problem Ed.  To get the action to work, I believe you will need to add Product Category(New) to Detail on your Range Drill 2 Sheet.  I was able to get this to work but adding Product Category(New) to Detail did change the Bubble Chart to the Product Category(New) level of detail and splits into more bubbles for Customer and Category.  I'm not sure if this is correct or not but I think it's necessary for your Action to work as intended unless I've misunderstood.

Shoreditch1aa.JPG

Shoreditch1a.JPG

Shoreditch1aaa.JPG

Shoreditch2.JPG

Is this what you intend the Action to do?

Thanks,

Brandon