3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2018 9:16 AM by Daniel Stanish

Show/Hide Worksheets Based on if Database was processed

Chad Clauson

I have a 7 single-day filter on my dashboard where users can scroll through the week. For some worksheets data is not processed on Mondays as intended. Let's call these worksheets "A". Instead of showing blanks, I'd like to create a cover worksheet that displays "Not Processed" if the user selects a date that is a Monday. If it is not Monday then show the worksheets "A" behind them. How can I accomplish this?

• 1. Re: Show/Hide Worksheets Based on if Database was processed
          Daniel Stanish

Good day Chad.

This may answer your question. In a dashboard tab, you can stack view sheets on top of each other. In the one "data" view, ensure that nothing will display when the "Monday" condition occurs. Next, build up a dashboard pane so that the data pane is floating, and is over a second floating pane saying "Not Processed". Then as the condition occurs, the data pane collapses, and the message behind is revealed.

Here is an example where I've used a parameter with a calculation in order to filter out a data pane. Does this help?

-Dan

• 2. Re: Show/Hide Worksheets Based on if Database was processed
            Chad Clauson

It helps somewhat but I don't understand the calculation to hide if it is a Monday. I'm working with 3 data sources. Let's call them A, B, and C. My dashboard uses the date filter from A since A's table is refreshed every day. B and C do not refresh on Monday since nothing is processed in our business those days. Therefore, when Monday's data is selected on the dashboard filter slider, no data will show on B and C's worksheets.

I understand of your point of having my "Not Processed" message behind the data pane, but I don't understand how to apply that condition to hide the data pane. I want it to hide automatically when Monday is selected from the dashboard filter instead of using a dropdown parameter control.

• 3. Re: Show/Hide Worksheets Based on if Database was processed
              Daniel Stanish

Good day Chad.

Okay. Can you post "demo" workbook? Otherwise, if you set the filter-slider for weekday to apply to all three data sources, then B & C's will be blank on the dashboard, and the "Not Processed" trick should work.

-Dan