2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 2, 2018 5:52 PM by Helene Trowell

Displaying a single value Count Distinct as a text without adding anything to the rows or columns

Helene Trowell

Hello there,

I keep running into this problem in various scenarios that's why I have decided to see if someone has a great solution for this.

I have tried level of detail expressions. Creating true or false filters.. etc.. but am not able to find a resolution that checks out.

I have created a mock dataset that only has 3 columns

Year

Company Name

People

What I am trying to achieve is counting number of companies displayed in a single number

I have created 2 parameters Year 1 and year 2 (for this exercise) I have only placed two years to compare. 2016 and 2017

There are a few calculated fields

Number of People Year 1 - adds up the number of people depending on the year selected in Parameter 1

Number of People Year 2 - adds up the number of people depending on the year selected in Parameter 2

Growth takes Year 2 - Year 1

What I am trying to achieve is displaying a single number like below with the count of distinct company names.

I feel that this should be easy and have hesitated to ask for help, but I keep on running into issues when I do not include anything in my rows or columns.

HELP

I am trying to filter out companies that have Null or 0 in year 1 and show at least a growth of 10

Thank you!