1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 1, 2018 8:08 AM by Shinichiro Murakami

How to create a complex YoY Comparison using LOD-Functions?

philipp.gntzel

Hello altogehter,

currently I am stucked with a problem, which I am facing since nearly 2 weeks and can`t come up with a solution.

What I want to do: Create a calculated filter, for all reports in my workbook.

What do I do in my reports: In every report I have some graphs comparing the current year with the previous one.

What do I want to filter: I want to filter out different stores of our company.

Under which condition should they be filtered out: tableau shall compare for each month and store the revenue of this year and the year before. If in one month is a zero or null, filter that store out for that specific month. So speaking tableau shall compare the stores always to the same base to not give a biased result.

Example:

MonthStore20172018
      Jan104.500$
      22.000$1.500$
      Feb12.000$4.500$

So in this example tableau shall filter out the store no. 1 in january for but consider it again in feb since it has revenue in both years.

Now since I do not have this flat table in my reports but for example just the number of stores for each months tableau should do this "within" the formula since I dont have alle the above fields dragged in.

I hope i could picture the problem and I am grateful for every answer!

Best regards

Philipp