1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 7, 2018 1:44 PM by Patrick A Van Der Hyde

How to change your mail subject and body in mailto link to choose from different message templates and to send to multiple email ids?

subhashree.balu

I have

-     email id as a dimension to pull required email id list.

-     Message template as Parameter to choose across different templates( like template1, template2 etc.,) .

-     Message body and subject as  calculated fields to choose according to the chosen parameter message template(using show Parameter control).

URL Link : mailto:?Subject=<Email Subject>&Bcc=<Email>&Body=<Email Message>

Problem:

1. My email subject and message are repeating as many times as the email ids I have in the list.

2. Indexing option in tableau helped to pick the first row in order to remove repetition but in this case, tableau is applying index for all three fields(Email Subject, Email and Email Message) and taking only first email ID in the list.

3. While keeping Email subject and Email Message as a parameter does solve the problem , I cannot choose the Message and Body as per the Template choice I've picked,

Screenshot for all the scenarios

1. SUBJECT AND BODY AS CALCULATED FIELD AND EMAIL ID AS DIMENSION

Without Index.jpg

2. USING INDEX( with SUBJECT AND BODY AS CALCULATED FIELD AND EMAIL ID AS DIMENSION)

With index.jpg

3. SUBJECT AND BODY AS PARAMETER

WHEN Template2 is picked

I can see only the template1 irrespective of the templates I choose. The problem is how to link these parameters to pick the correct value?

As Parameter.jpg

Appreciate any help.