Your attached workbook doesn't seem to have anything in it. You may not have saved before sending.
Thanks for your reply.
Attaching the workbook again.
In this, i have a dashboard which has three sheets.
Sheet1 has a filter. Sheet 2 is dependent on sheet 1 and Sheet 3 is dependent on Sheet 2.
What i want to achieve is , when user has not selected any value in filter that means if filter Sub-Category = All, i should not see Sheet 2 and Sheet 3.
When we select any Sub-category in this filter then Sheet 2 should show. And similarly if we select any row from Sheet 2 then Sheet 3 should be populated.
Please advise on this.
ShowHideSheetsFilter.twbx 1.2 MB
Please refer to this post: Can I show/hide sheets with actions? https://community.tableau.com/message/811585#811585
It is a bit more complicated than your scenario.
I did the following on the attached workbook:
1. Add 3 Boolean calculated fields as Detail to Sheets 2 & 3
- 'Show sheet': TRUE
- 'Hide sheet': FALSE
- 'Sheet 3 State': TRUE
2. Add Action to Dashboard:
- Name: Show Sheet 3
- Source: Sheet 2
- Target: Sheet 3
- Clearing the section will: Exclude all values
- Add 2 Filters
- Filter 1:
- Source: 'Show Sheet'
- Target: 'Sheet 3 State'
- Filter 2:
- Source: 'Sub-Category'
- Target: 'Sub-Category'
3. Removed the existing Filter2.
These steps should enable:
- show of Sheet 3 when selecting a Sub-category on Sheet 2
- Profit re-calculated as per the select Sub-category (can Ctrl+Click for multiple Sub-categories)
- blank out of Sheet 3 when de-selecting Sub-category on Sheet 2
You may want to change this for more interactivity.