1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 24, 2018 2:53 AM by Ritesh Bisht

Error in visualisation on web pages of a story from Tableau Public

Daniele D'Avino

Hello everyone,

i'm embedding the story that i made on my tableau public in a wordpress environment.

However when i see the web page in which i embed the code, sometimes appeaes this error code messagges (see following picture).

How can i solve that?

Thanks,

Daniele

Viz_problem.png

• 1. Re: Error in visualisation on web pages of a story from Tableau Public
          Ritesh Bisht

Difficult to answer this because of the generic error

See this related post , not sure if it helps ------->Unexpected Server Error on published dashboard

I'm having the same issue publishing a workbook in Tableau Server 9.0, while the second tab loads perfectly from the same underlying data source. I get "Unknown Server Error: An unexpected error occurred. If you continue to receive this error please contact your Tableau Server Administrator. Would you like to reset the view?"

Selecting yes just repeats the error. The workbook appears published but as Alisha notes, the error occurs on Tableau Server too.

Details of my instances:

Tableau Server Version: 9.0.2 (9000.15.0527.1215) 64-bit (via Chrome v43.0.2357.124)

Tableau Desktop Version 9.0.0 (9000.15.0318.1720) 64-bit (Windows 7)

The only bug fix in release notes mentioning a Logic Exception on Tableau Server dates back to 9.0.0 (April 6, 2015):

When using web authoring to edit a published workbook, if you deleted a sheet, then added a new sheet and saved it with the same name as the deleted sheet, an error displayed: "LogicException: Internal Error An unexpected error occurred".

There was mention of an Internal Error being resolved on Desktop 9.0.1 but it was specific to binning:

When creating bins on a measure with a name that includes the percent (%) character, the first bin was created successfully, but a subsequent attempt to create a bin would result in an error: "Internal Error An unexpected error occurred and the operation could not be completed" or Tableau would close unexpectedly.

Thanks,

Ritesh