2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2018 7:34 PM by subha.saha.1

Finding  Top N  Sub categories providing Highest  sales and  highest  return(both separately) and then finding top customer ids contributing for every Week.

subha.saha.1

Hi Team

It will be great if someone can help out the problem statement am trying to solve. I have also attached similar details in the workbook.

1) overall sales - Goal was to get straight forward calulation and received. Problem Statement.

2)  Top N in N -  Goal : To get top N sub categories  (parameters not required )  and for those top N sub categories who are the top buying  Cutomers.    

a)  PS: I have followed rthe following detail to get the solution - https://kb.tableau.com/articles/issue/showing-top-n-subcategories-within-each-top-n-categories Now if we see under phones category subtotatals are not matching 438 + 729+ 438  it should be 1605 where as it           shows that 2335

b) percent of total: here goal is to get for that paricular category out of total top N sales what is the percentage contribution by each cutomer. For example for phones subcategory total top N sales is 1606 that mentioned above what am trying to see here is 438/1605*100 .

c) Sorting: Post that i need to sort categories in the desc order first by category and then sub categoy. Top N in N Return Percentage. Goal : To get the top n  sub cats where we have high returns and then for each sub cats  who are the cutomers who returned the most. a)           similar problems as abaove sub totals are not calaulated based on top 10 and also in most of the case it shows zero which ideally shouldnt be the case. 

Top N in N Return Percentage.

Goal : To get the top n  sub cats where we have high returns and then for each sub cats  who are the cutomers who returned the most.

a) similar problems as above sub totals are not calculated based on top 10 and also in most of the case it shows zero which ideally shouldn't be the case.