3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2018 6:24 AM by Soham Wadekar

Rows more than 16

saravanan Ramasubramanian

Hello everyone,

My clients needs to view some 50 columns in the rows as raw data chart.

I am currently using tableau desktop version 10.5 version I know we cannot increase more than 16 rows.

I tried with xml formatting but it increasing the chart size in the dashboard. Since I have chart in TOP and Data chart in the bottom of the dashboard.

Is that any possible way we can handle it in alternative way to display all 50 rows in raw data chart.

Please help me out on this.

Warm regards,

Sarav

• 1. Re: Rows more than 16
          Soham Wadekar

I am guessing by XML formatting, you mean changing the values in ... below

<format attr='row-levels' value='...' />
          <format attr='row-horiz-levels' value='...' /> , right?

I would suggest doing for a dashboard with multiple sheets of the desired columns.

Thank you,

Soham

• 2. Re: Rows more than 16
            saravanan Ramasubramanian

Yes Thank you ! am changing the values in the below only.

<format attr='row-levels' value='...' />
            <format attr='row-horiz-levels' value='...' />

It would be great. If you could please explain how to work with dashboard with multiple sheets of the desired columns.

• 3. Re: Rows more than 16
              Soham Wadekar

You can create 4 separate tables to accommodate 50 columns(its not going to look pretty :/ )- you can divide the number of columns/ table as desired and then bring them together in a dashboard.
              so it should look something like this :

For demo I have created a sample dashboard with 18 fields. PS: most challenging part here is the formatting- firstly to make the 50 columns show on the dashboard/screen considering the readability and secondly aligning them and making them look as one table. But I am hoping that this will at-least get you started.

Thank you,

Soham