9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2018 10:13 PM by Vijay Kulkarni

Nett Expansion Rate View

Nandan Kumar

Hi,

I am looking to create a graph that shows MOM nett expansion rate: ((Churn Revenue - Expansion Revenue)/Previous Month Revenue)*100

Churn Revenue: If a person spend less $ in month than in (month - 1) then the difference in revenue is churned revenue. Eg: Mr A spend $10 in July but $8 in August then it comes under churn revenue bin and the churned revenue is $2 for month of August.

Expansion Revenue: If a person spend more $ in month than in (month - 1) then the difference in revenue is expansion revenue. Eg: Mr A spend $10 in July and $12 in August then the expansion revenue is $2 for month of August.

Previous month Revenue: Revenue generated in last month (For August, last month revenue is of July and so on)

Note that a person who joined within 1 month period is New customer, hence he should not be included in the calculation. Eg: Mr A created his account in August 2018. Then in the August Nett expansion rate report he should not be considered.

I have attached a workbook for reference. Kindly note that all the customers are new on 01/01/2018. I am new to tableau and any help would be highly appreciated.