2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2018 4:44 AM by Jim Dehner

Converting Measures in Dimensions

siva Nageswara Rao

Hi,

Past few days I'm working on issue and did some work around, finally achieved. But once thing I'm still not bale to understand and following is the scenario.

If a calculation has something like this (Column1*Column2)/Column2 and I'm able to convert that as Dimension, so no issues. But if modified the calculation like this SUM(Column1*Column2)/SUM(Column2) then unable to covert to Dimension. 

Please explain the behavior here. If you have any scenarios like this provide here.

Thanks,

Siva

• 1. Re: Converting Measures in Dimensions
          Ritesh Bisht

Hi Siva,

We can't convert Aggregate function to Dimension .

Hence, whenever you use any aggregate functions like min, max , sum etc you will not be able to convert the same to Dimension.

You can't even convert this  attr( [Profit]* [Sales]/[Profit]) to Dimension , since I have used attr (that makes it an aggregate function )

You can convert only row level values not aggregate because aggregate functions are not a candidate of becoming a Dimension measure anyways.

Hope it helps !

Please mark the answer as CORRECT & HELPFUL if it has really helped you so that it can help others as well

Regards,

Ritesh

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Converting Measures in Dimensions
            Jim Dehner

Good morning

based on your example you may be able to use a FIXED lod to do what you want - see the example from superstore below -

LOD's create an additional level of detail in your data but they are not aggregated in themselves -

you can convert Fixed to a dimension but not Include or Exclude

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

1 of 1 people found this helpful