5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2018 8:14 AM by Joe Oppelt

have 2 of the same parameter controls on dashboard

jon rios

i have a dashboard that has a parameter control that drives 6 charts.  i would like to have the same control, 1 on top, 1 towards the bottom, they would each change according to what ever the user selected in 1... i cant find how to duplicate or bring the same control in.... in this possible?  if so how?

thanks alot

• 1. Re: have 2 of the same parameter controls on dashboard
          maneesh.gaddam

Jon,

I don't think we can have two parameters have the same selection with single click. Also, we can't bring same instance of parameter twice on the same dashboard. Please do wait for other experts opinion to weigh in on this.

• 2. Re: have 2 of the same parameter controls on dashboard
            Joe Oppelt

Help me understand what you are expecting to do with two copies of the parameter.

You can only put a given object (sheet or parameter or whatever else) once on a dashboard.  So if I can understand what you are looking to do here, maybe we can come up with creative ways to achieve the same goal.

• 3. Re: have 2 of the same parameter controls on dashboard
              maneesh.gaddam

Not OP, but having created these type of charts, I believe OP has a lengthy dashboard and when user has to change the parameter selection, they have to scroll up, make the change, scroll down to see the charts. I'm assuming based on my experience.

• 4. Re: have 2 of the same parameter controls on dashboard
                jon rios

hi Joe,

yes maneesh is correct

i currently have the param control on top whihc drives the first 2 charts, then i need to scroll to bottom to see other 4 charts (just the way the data needs to be layed out), i would like to place a 2nd copy of the same param control on bottom so user doesnt have to scroll up to change param, scroll back down... changing either param changes the other param

• 5. Re: have 2 of the same parameter controls on dashboard
                  Joe Oppelt

My goal when I create a user experience is to avoid making the user scroll the dashboard.

In the case where I have to scroll to detail sheets, I create a second dashboard instead.  On the first dashboard I put a button that says "Go To Detail Sheets" (or something like that), and on the detail dashboard I put a button that says, "Return to main dashboard".  Now I can put the parameter on each dashboard.  (And often I position that parameter in the identical spot for both dashboards for a consistent user experience.)  The two buttons are actually little sheets, and each sheet has a SELECT filter action to activate the jump from one dashboard to the other.

1 of 1 people found this helpful