2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2018 6:55 PM by lei.chen.0

Hover Over Region Display Formatting

Henry  Shum

Hello,

I have created maps for data on numerous pollution indicators in China. That data is displayed when hovering over a Chinese province/directly administered city. Lei Chen had previously helped me with the formatting, but when I tried to replicate what she did with other datasets, I faced two minor formatting issues:

1.When I hover over a region, I can see the name of the province and the name of the provincial capital. In the 1st attached screenshot and workbook on Air Pollution Indicators, the "City" row is immediately below the "Province" row. In the 2nd attached screenshot and workbook on Water Pollution Indicators, the "City" row is two rows below the "Province" row. What can I do to change the display information so that when I hover over the Water Pollution map, the "City" row in the display information immediately follows the "Province" row?

2.Hovering over the region will also display the pollution indicator and the value for that region for that indicator. The current format displayed after hovering over the region is:

[Calculated Field of the Relevant Indicators (Measures)] : Value of the Specific Indicator Chosen

[Parameter of the Relevant Indicators] : Specific Indicator Chosen

How do I change it to the following format:

Specific Indicator Chosen: Value of the Specific Indicator Chosen

For example, selecting the year 2013 and the indicator "Air Quality Index (Days below Grade 3)" while hovering over Inner Mongolia on the Air Pollution map shows:

Province: Inner Mongolia

City (Eng): Hohhot

Avg. Pick an Air Pollution Indicator: 152.0

Air Pollution Indicator: Air Quality Index (Days below Grade 3)

How do I change it to:

Province: Inner Mongolia

City (Eng): Hohhot

Air Quality Index (Days below Grade 3): 152.0

Also I'm still trying to figure out how I can display extract and export a workbook viewable to the public since my data source connection is to Google Sheets. If you are viewing the attached workbooks, the data on Sheet 3 (for the Water workbook) and Sheet 5 (for the Air workbook) should be viewable without entering Google credentials.

I would be grateful for any advice on any of these problems!