1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 30, 2018 12:40 PM by Okechukwu Ossai

IF statement for Date

Jeffrey Elie

I have a dataset with due dates and I am trying to show the status of a list of projects using the date these projects are due. I want to create a Red, Amber, Green status for these projects using a calculated field looking at the Due Date field.

I create a calculated field like this but it's not working...

IF ATTR([KPI Performance])="Screening on Time" and ATTR([Milestone Due Date])<=TODAY() then "Red"

ELSEIF  ATTR([KPI Performance])="Screening on Time" and (ATTR([Milestone Due Date])>TODAY()+ 2) AND ATTR([Milestone Due Date])<TODAY() +12) then "Amber"

ELSEIF  ATTR([KPI Performance])="Screening on Time" and ATTR([Milestone Due Date])>=TODAY() +12 then "Green"

END

for the secondline, I want to basically say, if the date field is 2 days ahead but less than 12 days ahead, "Amber"

for the third line, I want to say if the due date is 12 days or more in the future then "Green"

Using TODAY() +12 doesn't seem to work

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: IF statement for Date
          Okechukwu Ossai

Replace TODAY()+2 with DATEADD('day', 2, TODAY())

Also replace TODAY()+12 with DATEADD('day', 12, TODAY())

Something like this.

IF ATTR([KPI Performance]) = "Screening on Time" AND ATTR([Milestone Due Date]) <= TODAY() THEN "Red"

ELSEIF ATTR([KPI Performance]) = "Screening on Time" AND ATTR([Milestone Due Date]) >= DATEADD('day', 2, TODAY())

AND ATTR([Milestone Due Date]) < DATEADD('day', 12, TODAY()) THEN "Amber"

ELSEIF  ATTR([KPI Performance]) = "Screening on Time" AND ATTR([Milestone Due Date]) >= DATEADD('day', 12, TODAY()) THEN "Green"

END

You can also rewrite the formula as;

IF ATTR([KPI Performance])= "Screening on Time" THEN

IF ATTR([Milestone Due Date]) <= TODAY() THEN "Red"

ELSEIF ATTR([Milestone Due Date]) >= DATEADD('day', 2, TODAY())

AND ATTR([Milestone Due Date]) < DATEADD('day', 12, TODAY()) THEN "Amber"

ELSEIF ATTR([KPI Performance]) = "Screening on Time"

AND ATTR([Milestone Due Date]) >= DATEADD('day', 12, TODAY()) THEN "Green"

END

END

Just looking at the formula, I notice that dates from Today+1 to Today+2 were excluded.

For example, projects with Milestone Due Date as tomorrow and Sept 1st will return as null. I changed the equality sign around Today+2. So, the code will only exclude dates that are Today+1. Is this intentional?

Hope this helps.

Ossai

1 of 1 people found this helpful