3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2018 6:56 AM by Stuart Fieldhouse

how to show applied filters on the dashboard

sakshi sharma

Hi All,

I am facing an issue. I have created a dashboard which has around 25 filters. Now, below the filters I want to show the applied filters. I have searched and used some options but the issue is that if out of 25 filters only 3 dimensions are filtered for rest filters it shows "All", as nothing is selected. I could change that to a space or - but that is not working as if I choose 1st, 2nd and 18th filter, it shows a lot of empty space in between. I am attaching my workbook. Please suggest a solution to this.

Thanks

• 1. Re: how to show applied filters on the dashboard
          Stuart Fieldhouse

Hi Sakshi,

First, change all of your calculated fields that are currently used in the caption of the Title sheet to return an empty string if the count is > 1 or the attr of the field plus a space if there is only one selected.  For example:

if COUNTD([Product1])>1 then "" else ATTR([Product1]) + " " end

Then create a calculated field that concatenates them all together.  For example:

[APR Group1 Field] +

[Applicant Type1 field] +

[Customer Type1 field] +

[Decision Aliya1 field] + 

[Decision Applicant DTI1 field] +

[Decision FICO1 field] +

etc,etc,etc

Use that calculated field to display the selected filters - it won't contain any unnecessary white-space.

HTH

Stuart

• 2. Re: how to show applied filters on the dashboard
            sakshi sharma

Hi ,

This works well when I have a single selection . But if I change my filters to multiple selection drop drown then this functionality is not working. Any suggestions on how I can achieve list of applied filters in case of multiple selection in any filter.

Thanks in advance!!

• 3. Re: how to show applied filters on the dashboard
              Stuart Fieldhouse

Hi Sakshi,

Unfortunately there is no way to get a list of selected items from a Quick Filter.  You could display "Multiple Values" instead of a blank when more than one filter is selected, but that would also pick up "all" as "multiple values" which you don't want.

This might be over-complicated :-) but you could display the number of selections.  To do this, first create a fixed calculation giving the number of each of your filter measures.  For example:

ss1.png

Then, change the associated "field" calculation to this:

ss2.png

where it is comparing the number of selected items to the total number of items.

Stuart