3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2018 1:49 PM by Manuel Velasquez

Inconsistence to see 'full data' in datasources relationed

Agustin Leira

Hi everybody!

I have two datasources: 'Fuente inbound FBM' and 'Fuente Inbound Panel' relationed by the field warehouse_id:

When I use the field 'warehouse_id' as a filter from the  datasource 'Fuente inbound Panel', I don't see the full data right.

For example:

I untick the 'MXCD01' value and then I see rows with this value in the 'data visualization':

Why  it happens?

• 1. Re: Inconsistence to see 'full data' in datasources relationed
          Manuel Velasquez

Hi Agustin

For what I can see you are using a blending between those 2 data sources, when working with blending you need to be aware that : the values that does not exist on the primary data source will not be included on the blended result or in the view, even if those values exist on the secondary data source, it looks like this is the case as your filter is coming from the secondary data source.

You have a few options to deal with this

1- Evaluate to use a "join" instead of a blend to have all the data included in one data source.

2- If a join is not possible , you could create a "master blend file" with all possibles combination of the dimension that you are using in your view, and then use that file as primary data source.

I hope this helps!

Manuel Velasquez 

• 2. Re: Inconsistence to see 'full data' in datasources relationed
            Agustin Leira

Hi Manuel, thank you for answer. If you speaks spanish, can you answer me in spanish?

I don't understand you fully.

Which is my primary data source in this case? 'Fuente inbound FBM' ?

I don't understand why the filter function in the chart and not in the data visualization.

For example, when I tick all the 'warehouse_id' the values are: 91.51% and 8.49%:

And when I untick 'MXCD01' value on the filter the values changes: 87.51% and 12.49%:

Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 16.31.08.png

But when I select the data that contains this '87.51%' contains the values that I untick:

Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 16.32.38.png

I think that I should not see this values, at least, I hope so.

• 3. Re: Inconsistence to see 'full data' in datasources relationed
              Manuel Velasquez

Hola Agustin

Si hablo espanol !,

Su fuente de datos primaria es la que esta senalada con una marca Azul (solamente puede existir una funte de datos primaria por "Sheet"), la Fuentes secundarias son las marcadas con naranja (pueden existir multiples).

Dependiendo a las condiciones del "Blending" asi sera el resultado, no estoy familiarizado con la estructura de los datos ni como formo la condicion del "Blending" (con una o multiples dimensiones), recuerde solamente los datos que existen en la fuente de datos primarias van a estar presentes en los resultados, seria recommendable que usted creara una tabla con valores simplemente para comprobar que el resultado del "blending" es el que se espera.

Un saludo desde Canada.

Manuel Velasquez