6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2018 10:43 AM by Deepak Rai

Trying to group 2 measures into a group to compare side by side bar / Highlight table, etc...

james.lee.38

This might be way simplier than I think, but I've tried searching for a solution but have struggled to find something that could help me.  The only article I've found suggested to normalize the data, but I thought there must be a way to achieve this in Tableau.

My dataset consists of these fields basically

StudentSchoolStudent Evaluation
      (Overall)
      Teacher Evaluation
      (Overall)
      Student Evaluation
      (Listening)
      Teacher Evaluation
      (Listening)

Student Evaluation

(Reading)

Teacher Evaluation

(Reading)

JimA453532
      TomA443245
      JackA233352
      JohnB442153

I'm looking to some how group the Student vs Teacher evaluation scores for each of the areas (Overall, Listening, Reading).

Something as simple as a side by side bar chart to display this, as a simple way to identify a visual representation of where student vs teacher scores have large disrepancies.

I've also considered creating a calculated field that was something like:

Case when measure_name = 'Student Evaluation (Overall)' or measure_name = 'Teacher Evaluation (Overall)' Then "Overall"

when measure_name = 'Student Evaluation (Listening)' or measure_name = 'Teacher Evaluation (Listening)' Then "Listening"

when measure_name = 'Student Evaluation (Reading)' or measure_name = 'Teacher Evaluation (Reading)' Then "Reading"

Then I can compare them side by side for each evaluation area.

Any help with this would be appreciated. Thank you