2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2018 3:44 AM by Roman Bobor

Assigned value by condition

Roman  Bobor

Hello,

I am new in Tableau and I am facing following issue.  I have two Tableau Server databases.  What I would like to do is to assign the value ORIG SPEC from one database to the other one but only if it fulfill condition DATE>RELEASE

I need the Tableau to simply: Take value DATE, compare to the RELEASE. If condition DATE>RELEASE is true, assign ORIG SPEC to SPEC. If condition is false, compare value with second row. If ture etc.

ORIG SPEC
      RELEASE

DATESPEC

to be aasigned

4111to be aasigned
      5212to be aasigned
      7582to be aasigned
      9874to be aasigned

All data are confidental, so data presented here are just dummies. Databases are blended, I only need to solve this issue. Can you please support me? Big thanks!!

• 1. Re: Assigned value by condition
          Ankit Bansal

Roman,

Can you join the data instead of blend?

I have achieved this using join:

Attaching the workbook for reference.

Thanks,

Ankit Bansal

• 2. Re: Assigned value by condition
            Roman  Bobor

Hello Ankit,

the problem is that I am using Tableau Server Databases and I am not able to join these datbases only to blend them (I am not sure if newer tableau version ar eable to joind data from Server databases). Anyway, thanks for hint

The "Calculation"  dimension you have used - I tried to implemen it but I still struggle with the problem, that I can not mix aggregate and non agreggate values. When I used after FIXED the dimension DATE (btw from differen data source than Release) it always put ATTR or SUM aggregate function in front (syntax: {FIXED ATTR Date .......). When I finished the calculation syntax, the error of combining aggregate and non-aggregate values appears. Do you have any suggestion how to handle this ? Thanks!