Two-node example: Optimized for heavy extract usage
This example shows a possible configuration for a two-node Tableau Server deployment that handles heavy extract usage. Heavy extract meaning many extracts and frequent extract refreshes. Your backgrounder are busy all the time, during peak hours and non-peak hours.
Both the nodes are on 64-bit, 8+ core, 16+ GB systems.
Note that the VizQL Server, Application Server, and Data Server processes on the initial node are isolated from the background processes, which are running on the additional node.
The configuration for this example would look like this:
The main goal here is to isolate backgrounder process on its own node to facilitate extract refreshes. Backgrounder and the co-located Data Engine are used during refresh extracts, so isolating them on a separate node will help improve remove contention between extract refresh process and user views and interactions with Workbooks.
- The initial node runs two VizQL Server processes, two Cache Server processes, and two Data Server processes.
- As a general rule, run a Cache Server process for every VizQL Server process on the node.
- Isolate the Backgrounder processes by configuring them to run on the additional node. To calculate the minimum number of Backgrounder processes to run, divide the computer’s total number of physical cores by 4. To calculate the maximum number, divide the computer's total physical cores by 2.
- Isolate the Backgrounder processes from the VizQL Server, Application Server, and Data Server processes.
- Separate the File Store process from the backgrounder to help minimize the backgrounder processes from affecting user views.
This article should give you a fair idea about different set-ups. Performance Tuning Examples
Please mark the answer as HELPFUL/CORRECT if it really helped you so that it can help others as well
Thanks for your reply.
even we have more users and complexity of dashboard is also high
concurrent users are around 200
can you please suggest on this case.. can we use vizql and application server process on worker ?
is it required to use cache server if we have vizql server on worker ?
Please contact Tableau Sales, they can give you the best answer.
Please mark the answer as HELPFUL/CORRECT if it really helped you so that it can help others as well , help the community back