3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2018 1:40 PM by Don Wise

How to display Two Years rate in the same graph? Please help

Eason Chen

See Sheet 2 in the file that I attached.

I'm making a butterfly graph and I'd like to see 2017 "fillrate" on the left and 2018 fillrate on the right. please help!!

Now all i got is the same rate on both side..

112233.PNG

• 1. Re: How to display Two Years rate in the same graph? Please help
          Don Wise

Hello Eason,

See if the attached workbook points you in the right direction.  You need to separate your Fill Rate into two separate years, making one of them a negative and the other a positive.  Not sure about the ratios or results, you'll know your data better than I will.  If this resolves your question, please mark this response as correct.  If it points you in the right direction, please mark it as helpful.  So that others may find it useful in the future.  Thx, Don

I used this calc for 2017 as example, with a negative sign in front of the [FILLRATE] so that all values are negative for that year.  Duplicated it for 2018 and removed the negative sign to make it positive.

Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 1.15.48 PM.png

I used the following LOD calculation for the FILLRATE:

Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 1.17.28 PM.png

• 2. Re: How to display Two Years rate in the same graph? Please help
            Eason Chen

Thanks Don. It answered my question. Also, what are the good ways to learn query inside of  Tableau? I felt that I've gotten the ideas but i just can't get it right.

• 3. Re: How to display Two Years rate in the same graph? Please help
              Don Wise

Hi Eason,

Usually an internet search for Tableau specific functions will get you very positive results.

Sometimes I just peruse the Forums to see what and how others are handling a situation or answering a problem.  There are also many online videos and other Tableau specific websites that can help steer you in the right direction and for specific chart types. When you find yourself getting stuck, try something else related to your first search.  What I've found with Tableau, and in reading various responses to problems on the forums, is that there are many ways of achieving good results.

You might like this site:  http://www.tableaulearners.com/

Each of the people on the forums are generally volunteers that feel they have enough experience to attempt to answer issues/concerns.  Myself included.  Sometimes we succeed, sometimes we fail, but we are always learning...just keep trying!!

Glad to have helped...Thx, Don

2 of 2 people found this helpful