1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 21, 2018 2:23 PM by Joe Oppelt

How to display time series for dimension values depending on a specific year?

Thomas Massie

Hey there!

Goal

I have a dashboard that contains two sheets. In the first one I display a table with several variables (columns) and many names (rows). I created a parameter that sorts the table according to a specific variable (column) from this table, which results in a ranking (I use a top n filter in addition). Moreover, I use a filter allowing me to show the data for only a specific year. Now, in a second sheet I want to show time series for the top 5 names of the first sheet.

Question

How can I use the ranked names from the first sheet (based on a specific year) to generate the time series in the second sheet...? I'm a bit puzzled.. Should I create a calculated field that reflects the selection made in the table (first sheet)?

I'm really happy about some help here! Thanks! =)

• 1. Re: How to display time series for dimension values depending on a specific year?
          Joe Oppelt

Found this old unanswered post.

If you need help on this still...

You'll have to re-calc those top-5 in the second sheet.  You can have that on the sheet without displaying any of the components that go into calculating it.  Just do it the same as you did on the first sheet.  Once you have that rank, use it as a filter on the second sheet, and you'll only see stuff for those top 5.

If you need more help with this, a sample packaged workbook will let me show you what I'm trying to describe.

1 of 1 people found this helpful