8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2018 1:46 AM by Oliviero Bagnoli

Prep Output with error "System error: Problem with IP: loomDocFmtResourceBundle"

ArseneXie

Hi,

My Tableau Prep Version is 2018.2.1.

I create my prep flow and all the preview data is correct,

but when I run the flow, it raises an error with only a notification: "System error: Problem with IP: loomDocFmtResourceBundle".

There are no other helpful messages.

I know the output running with error but I don't know why and how to fix it.

I try to run the flow in Prep 2018.1.2 (previous version).

And it still raises an error and gives more details (but still be useless for me ...)

It seems that some of my new input nodes cause the issue.

And the workaround is to split the flow: let some processes to generate a  temp csv output which is  the input of the second flow.

Is there any suggestions?

Due to this flow contains some security data of my company, so I can't attach the flow and the data.

I will try to re-produced the issue based on some fake data, and report it to prep support.

Arsene

• 1. Re: Prep Output with error "System error: Problem with IP: loomDocFmtResourceBundle"
          Paulo Dantas

Hi ArseneXie,

can you see the logs from this prep files?

Cheers.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Prep Output with error "System error: Problem with IP: loomDocFmtResourceBundle"
            Ken Flerlage

What is your source database?

• 3. Re: Prep Output with error "System error: Problem with IP: loomDocFmtResourceBundle"
              ArseneXie

Hi Ken,

All the data sources are files, include txt files, csv files and xlsx files.

• 4. Re: Prep Output with error "System error: Problem with IP: loomDocFmtResourceBundle"
                ArseneXie

Hi Paulo,

Yes,

The log (which is generated after deleting all the files in the log folder, and then re-running the flow) is in the attach.

But I can't get any useful information to solve this issue.

I could see some java exception messages associated with 'loom' in the file.

e.g.

--------------------

{"ts":"2018-08-06T08:52:01.727","pid":42616,"tid":"abe8","sev":"info","req":"-","sess":"-","site":"-","user":"-","k":"msg","v":"Mapped \"{[/api/crashReporting/newCrashDumpExists],methods=[GET]}\" onto public com.tableau.loom.nativeapi.presmodels.NewCrashDumpExistsResponsePresModel com.tableau.loom.rest.resources.CrashReportingResource.newCrashDumpExists()"}

{"ts":"2018-08-06T08:52:01.732","pid":42616,"tid":"abe8","sev":"info","req":"-","sess":"-","site":"-","user":"-","k":"msg","v":"Mapped \"{[/api/desktopIntegration/tableauInfo],methods=[GET]}\" onto public com.tableau.loom.nativeapi.presmodels.GetTableauDesktopInfoResultPresModel com.tableau.loom.rest.resources.DesktopIntegrationResource.getTableauInfo()"}

{"ts":"2018-08-06T08:52:01.733","pid":42616,"tid":"abe8","sev":"info","req":"-","sess":"-","site":"-","user":"-","k":"msg","v":"Mapped \"{[/api/featureFlags],methods=[GET]}\" onto public com.tableau.loom.rest.api.featureFlags.FeatureFlagsResponse com.tableau.loom.rest.resources.FeatureFlagsResource.getFeatureFlags()"}

{"ts":"2018-08-06T08:52:01.743","pid":42616,"tid":"abe8","sev":"info","req":"-","sess":"-","site":"-","user":"-","k":"msg","v":"Mapped \"{[/api/flowOperations/flows],methods=[POST]}\" onto public com.tableau.loom.rest.api.flowOperations.FlowsMetadataResponse com.tableau.loom.rest.resources.FlowOperationResource.getFlows(java.lang.String,com.tableau.loom.doc.fileformat.LoomDoc,com.tableau.loom.lang.CompilationMode,javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest) throws com.tableau.loom.common.exceptions.LoomException"}

{"ts":"2018-08-06T08:52:01.745","pid":42616,"tid":"abe8","sev":"info","req":"-","sess":"-","site":"-","user":"-","k":"msg","v":"Mapped \"{[/api/flowOperations/{uuid}],methods=[GET]}\" onto public com.tableau.loom.rest.api.FlowState com.tableau.loom.rest.resources.FlowOperationResource.getStatus(java.util.UUID,java.lang.Long,java.lang.Boolean,java.lang.Boolean,java.lang.Boolean,javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest) throws com.tableau.loom.common.exceptions.LoomException"}

{"ts":"2018-08-06T08:52:01.748","pid":42616,"tid":"abe8","sev":"info","req":"-","sess":"-","site":"-","user":"-","k":"msg","v":"Mapped \"{[/api/flowOperations/{uuid}/rows],methods=[GET]}\" onto public java.util.List<com.tableau.loom.execution.engine.RowStatus> com.tableau.loom.rest.resources.FlowOperationResource.getRowStatus(java.util.UUID,java.lang.Long) throws com.tableau.loom.common.exceptions.LoomException"}

{"ts":"2018-08-06T08:52:01.751","pid":42616,"tid":"abe8","sev":"info","req":"-","sess":"-","site":"-","user":"-","k":"msg","v":"Mapped \"{[/api/flowOperations/{uuid}/stats],methods=[GET]}\" onto public com.tableau.loom.rest.api.Domain com.tableau.loom.rest.resources.FlowOperationResource.getStatStatus(java.util.UUID,java.lang.Long) throws com.tableau.loom.common.exceptions.LoomException"}

{"ts":"2018-08-06T08:52:01.751","pid":42616,"tid":"abe8","sev":"info","req":"-","sess":"-","site":"-","user":"-","k":"msg","v":"Mapped \"{[/api/flowOperations/{uuid}/adpstats],methods=[GET]}\" onto public com.tableau.loom.adp.AdpStatus com.tableau.loom.rest.resources.FlowOperationResource.getAdpStatus(java.util.UUID) throws com.tableau.loom.common.exceptions.LoomException"}

{"ts":"2018-08-06T08:52:01.752","pid":42616,"tid":"abe8","sev":"info","req":"-","sess":"-","site":"-","user":"-","k":"msg","v":"Mapped \"{[/api/flowOperations/{uuid}],methods=[DELETE]}\" onto public boolean com.tableau.loom.rest.resources.FlowOperationResource.cancel(java.util.UUID,java.lang.String,javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest) throws com.tableau.loom.common.exceptions.LoomException"}

{"ts":"2018-08-06T08:52:01.753","pid":42616,"tid":"abe8","sev":"info","req":"-","sess":"-","site":"-","user":"-","k":"msg","v":"Mapped \"{[/api/flowOperations],methods=[GET]}\" onto public java.util.Map<java.util.UUID, com.tableau.loom.rest.api.Status> com.tableau.loom.rest.resources.FlowOperationResource.listRequests(java.lang.String,com.tableau.loom.lang.CompilationMode) throws com.tableau.loom.common.exceptions.LoomException"}

{"ts":"2018-08-06T08:52:01.754","pid":42616,"tid":"abe8","sev":"info","req":"-","sess":"-","site":"-","user":"-","k":"msg","v":"Mapped \"{[/api/flowOperations],methods=[POST]}\" onto public com.tableau.loom.rest.api.flowOperations.FlowOperationResponse com.tableau.loom.rest.resources.FlowOperationResource.startRequest(com.tableau.loom.rest.api.flowRequest.FlowRequestMsg,javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest) throws com.tableau.loom.common.exceptions.LoomException,java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException,java.lang.InterruptedException"}

{"ts":"2018-08-06T08:52:01.756","pid":42616,"tid":"abe8","sev":"info","req":"-","sess":"-","site":"-","user":"-","k":"msg","v":"Mapped \"{[/api/functions],methods=[GET]}\" onto public com.tableau.loom.rest.api.functions.FunctionResponse com.tableau.loom.rest.resources.FunctionResource.getFunctions() throws com.tableau.loom.common.exceptions.LoomException"}

{"ts":"2018-08-06T08:52:01.809","pid":42616,"tid":"abe8","sev":"info","req":"-","sess":"-","site":"-","user":"-","k":"msg","v":"Mapped \"{[/api/inputUnion/matches],methods=[POST],produces=[application/json;charset=UTF-8]}\" onto public java.lang.String com.tableau.loom.rest.resources.InputUnionResource.getInputUnionMatches(com.tableau.loom.rest.api.nodeRequest.NodeRequestParams) throws com.tableau.loom.common.exceptions.LoomException"}

--------------------

(Maybe the data source which union multiple text files causes the issue. )

I will be grateful for any help you can provide.

Arsene

• 5. Re: Prep Output with error "System error: Problem with IP: loomDocFmtResourceBundle"
                  ArseneXie

Hi Ken and Paulo,

Ken FlerlagePaulo Dantas

After some try and error, I think I find the solution (to avoid this issue).

The original flow, I put the aggreation step before the union step, and that might cause some issues while running the union step.

Then I try to re-arrange the order  to put the union step before the aggregation step, and there is no error while running the flow.

So it seems that the sequence of the aggregation step and the union step will raise some issues in the running flow algorithm.

Thank you for your help.

Arsene

• 6. Re: Prep Output with error "System error: Problem with IP: loomDocFmtResourceBundle"
                    Paulo Dantas

Hi ArseneXie,

great that you solved the issue.

Please, check the answer as correct to close the thread.

Cheers.

• 7. Re: Prep Output with error "System error: Problem with IP: loomDocFmtResourceBundle"
                      Danilo Saft

I had the same problem with my Excel file here. First, I thought it was because there were macros in the file, but the problem persisted when I copied the values into a CSV file and tried to work with the data from there. Closing all Tableau and Tableau Prep instances and restarting completely solved the issue for me.

• 8. Re: Prep Output with error "System error: Problem with IP: loomDocFmtResourceBundle"
                        Oliviero Bagnoli

A solution that worked in my particular case:

As files created by Prep seem to be Pkzipped (if you open them with a text editor they start with the letters PK, which is the magic number for Zip files).

I just renamed the extension to "zip" and treated them as any corrupted zip file: I used a zip repairer tool and renamed the resulting repaired file with the original name.

It worked.