Looking for an experienced Tableau Server Administrator to help scale our infrastructure at the nation's largest safety-net health system.
Apply to Owen Tran, Tableau Manager, email@example.com
Please be sure to include a cover letter with your resume.
Tableau Systems Administrator
NYC Health + Hospitals is the largest public health care system in the nation. We are a network of 11 hospitals, trauma centers, neighborhood health centers, nursing homes, and post-acute care centers. We are a home care agency and a health plan, MetroPlus. Our health system provides essential services to 1.4 million New Yorkers every year in more than 70 locations across the city's five boroughs. Our diverse workforce of more than 42,000 employees are uniquely focused on empowering New Yorkers, without exception, to live the healthiest life possible.
The Data Core in the Office of Population Health is responsible for providing innovative analytics that have the power to transform the care we deliver at NYC Health + Hospitals. The Data Core touches risk targeting, access to care, depression, care management, outreach to the uninsured and support of incarcerated populations. Our mission is to use data to create information at the program, site and system levels. The Data Core seeks a Tableau Systems Administrator to expand the reach of our Population Health Dashboard.
The Office of Population Health is in the process of publishing and optimizing the Population Health Dashboard on our new Tableau Server. As we continue to add content to the dashboard, including patient-level lists with clinically actionable information, we seek to hire a technically competent Tableau Systems Administrator who will refine our Tableau Server processes and infrastructure to optimize for secure enterprise-wide distribution.
The Tableau Systems Administrator will develop and expand Tableau Server infrastructure at NYC Health + Hospitals. They will ensure that Tableau Server works seamlessly with all required enterprise databases and help develop Tableau Server governance and IT protocols. They will oversee Active Directory group permissions, ensuring that dashboard publishers assign appropriate access. The Tableau Systems Administrator will take responsibility for the development, QA, and production Tableau environments. Additionally they will coordinate performance tuning, troubleshooting, on-going maintenance and application of patches and upgrades. Where necessary, the Tableau Systems Administrator will manage coordination with central IT and our relevant data partners. If interested, the Tableau Systems Administrator will also have the opportunity to create dashboards to share with both internal stakeholders and programmatic partners. The ideal Tableau Systems Administrator will combine technical competence with an interest in data and its ability to further population health.
- Automate processes using basic command line scripting/programming skills, enabling routine refreshes of data and proper data loading
- Develop Tableau Server governance and IT protocols that meet operational requirements as well as IT standards, with team
- Establish synchronization with directory services and data extract refresh schedules with databases.
- Troubleshoot diagnostic issues for Tableau Server as needed, coordinating action with NYC Health + Hospitals IT
- Document and maintain standard operating procedures, with support
- Log technical tickets with vendor help desk or central IT as necessary.
- Implement and maintain monitoring capabilities of performance, capacity, and utilization.
- Identify and raise system capacity related issues (storage, licenses, performance threshold) when appropriate.
- Monitor performance, capacity & utilization, including optimization and performance tuning.
- Develop infrastructure to ensure that Tableau Server works seamlessly with the SQL data warehouse maintained by the Office of Population Health
- Oversee Active Directory group assignment, ensuring that policies are appropriately implemented and providing knowledge support to relevant data owners/dashboard developers
- Participate in team meetings and perform normal administrative duties such as status reporting.
- Provide technical knowledge to the IT department and the project team.
- A Master’s Degree or advanced clinical degree from an accredited college or university and one year of experience gathering, documenting and/or executing technical business, clinical, or functional requirements in a clinical, allied health, non-allied health, behavioral health, information technology, information services, business, analytics or related area; or
- A Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited college or university and three years of experience as described above; or
- A satisfactory combination of education, training, and experience.
One year of experience in Tableau implementation, administration and/or optimization
Experience with Tableau migration and scheduling.
Knowledge of Tableau Metadata tables and PostgreSQL
Experience in troubleshooting database problems.
Hands-on experience with configuring, managing and troubleshooting VMware a plus
Experience with tabadmin and tabcmd scripting to automate tasks.
Excellent understanding of, and experience with, a systems development lifecycle methodology a plus
Strong verbal/written communication and analytical skills.
Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment.
All NYC Health + Hospitals Facilities are smoke-free.
All positions are subject to a background investigation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.