2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2018 6:04 PM by Ritesh Bisht

Refreshing an Extract

RangaWal

I feel really stupid having to ask, but what is the correct way to fully refresh an extract that gets data from an Excel file in 10.5?

When I go to the Data Source tab, in the top-right corner Extract is selected, and the "Extract includes all data. m/dd/yyyy h:mm:ss" is there. (I would rather this be d/mm/yyyy, but not ciritical and not sure if it's possible).

I simply want to refresh all the data, but there's a refresh button in the top-right corner, one on the toolbar, and one with the Data menu item.  Which one do I use?

• 1. Re: Refreshing an Extract
          Don Wise

Hello,

Once the data extract has been initially established, simply using the Menu Toolbar --> Data-->Extract--Refresh Extract should work with any updated data that's already occurred in the Excel worksheet.  .

Thx, Don

Screen Shot 2018-07-30 at 5.42.17 PM.png

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Refreshing an Extract
            Ritesh Bisht

Hi Rangawal,

If you have multiple extracts /sheets and you want to extract all with one click then

Screen Shot 2018-07-31 at 6.29.13 AM.png

If you want to refresh a particular extract then below

Screen Shot 2018-07-31 at 6.29.23 AM.png

Yes , you have an another Refresh button there but then I think first two steps are more convenient to use

Screen Shot 2018-07-31 at 6.33.14 AM.png

Thanks,

Ritesh

Please mark the answer as CORRECT/HELPFUL if it really helped you so that it can help others.

1 of 1 people found this helpful