2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2018 8:52 AM by Robert Flint

Run an Action on Load

Robert Flint

Hi, I am trying to figure out a way to either run a URL action when the workbook loads, or assign the URL to a URL object using a filter as part of the URL address.(this is what the URL action does)

Thanks for any insight.

• 1. Re: Run an Action on Load
          Naveen B

HI robert,

I am trying to figure out a way to either run a URL action when the workbook loads,

> This is not possible because url action will be activated by either click or hover or menu option there is no way in tableau based on workbook load to triger URL

assign the URL to a URL object using a filter as part of the URL address

Regarding this

> Assign icon or image in the dashboard set URL action with passing filters in the url

Check the below url how to pass filter in url: Using Field and Filter Values in URLs

Hope this helps kindly mark this as helpful/correct so that it will help others

Regards,

NB

• 2. Re: Run an Action on Load
            Robert Flint

Hi Naveen, thanks for the response. I understand the URL action and passing filters/parameters the issue I am try to solve is for the initial load of that url page to be based on a filter (specifically our client filter) so they see the url we want them to see without clicking.