6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2018 6:10 AM by Joe Fedorowicz

tableau to sharepoint list

Welly Pratama

Hi guys,  i have successfully connect from tableau to sharepoint list, but when they update the data in sharepoint list. when i want to update or refresh datasource in tableau. the data didn't show it up and only showing null value. Anyone have some problem with me?

• 1. Re: tableau to sharepoint list
          Ciaran Bource

Hi Welly,

In your sharepoint is data added to the current fields or are new fields added ?

You need to keep the same template, or else you'll need to recreate the extract from scratch.

Ciaran

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: tableau to sharepoint list
            Welly Pratama

Hi Mr Ciaran,

it's solved right now the problem is the user restriction on the sharepoint list. also i want to ask, if i refresh the datasource (sharepoint list) in the tableau desktop. all my calculation, grouping, etc that i have made will be dissapear. any solution for that?

Thank You,

Best Regards,

Welly Pratama.

• 3. Re: tableau to sharepoint list
              vys khota

I have a similar problem. I have currently connected to a sharepoint list via integrated authentication on the server. Every time I refresh my extract connection no data is returned (everything is null). I have already added the tableau user id to sharepoint with read and contribute access and when I tested my connection it connects successfully.  I suspect that something is wrong with the sharepoint where anyway can access the site but the lists don't show up unless you have access. What more should I do beyond adding the server ID to the groups?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: tableau to sharepoint list
                Joe Fedorowicz

I have this problem too. Didn't use to be the case.

Errors occurred while reloading the data source.

Errors for 'Don't Touch This':

Field '[sharepoint.12dyaua0po328q1c5ndfl143140c].[none:Calculation_451767377038888961:nk]' which is included for filtering does not exist.

I'm using a federated authentication to Office 365 (through Okta) which seems like it might be the problem?

• 5. Re: tableau to sharepoint list
                  Welly Pratama

Hello vys,

my problem was solved, previously i'm using normal user to login via sharepoint but when i change the login using Administrator it works for me. so i guess u should try login using administrator Id and try to refresh the datasource again. Hope jit can help you as well.

Thank You,

Best Regards,

Welly Pratama

• 6. Re: tableau to sharepoint list
                    Joe Fedorowicz

Hey,

I'm already doing so. No luck.

Thanks.