Background: I am trying to come up with a calculated field to essentially understand two things:
1. Duplicates - Within a particular month, how many duplicate fields are there ?
2. Re-post - Compared against the previous month, how many duplicate fields are there?
1. On a month-on-month basis i would like to output three fields:
- Count of unique fields
- Count of duplicate fields
- Count of re-posted fields
I have explored the forums for similar posts related to this matter, but do not seem to be able to work specifically for the issue i have at hand. I do not have extensive knowledge on the syntax used in Tableau and would really appreciate some help on this !
Below is a sample data set that i will be using as reference.
For the month of May-18, i am expecting the following results:
Unique fields: 0
Duplicate fields: 0
Re-posted fields: 5
For the month of Jun-18, i am expecting the following results:
Unique fields: 2
Duplicate fields: 1
Re-posted fields: 4
Thank you so much in advance !
See this thread - Find duplicates - and if that is not enough to get you going, could you upload a sample workbook to share here so that we can dig in a bit on the details.