3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2018 2:27 PM by John Ajewol

Summary panes not showing after Join

Catherine March

Hello -

I have a left join based on a field called Temp Customer Name, which has all records in it since I branched off from the original path and then returned to the primary path to connect an aggregated field. In the Join step, I am shown all the matching values and join results and everything looks great, but the following step (and all steps beyond it) no longer show the summary panes, they are all blank.

Join Step: note the path diverting, aggregating to come up with an overarching field, and then returning to the original field to add the aggregated field to the rest of the data. Everything looks great in the Join.

Step immediately after Join: Nothing displayed

Now, in my final output steps I do get data on the excel sheets but I don't really have a good way of checking that each step was completed as I think it should be.

Possibly related, but since upgrading to 2018.2.1 the "Preview in Tableau Desktop" feature returns the error "Check that Tableau Desktop is installed, then try again", although I have Tableau Desktop up and running normally.