4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2018 4:55 PM by Helen Wang

How to put data from different data source into a fixed calculation?

Helen Wang

Hi all,

I need to create a calculation like this:

Extended amount

zn(SUM([Sheet1 (ACOPs file uploaded to Tableau)].[ACOPs per unit]))*zn(sum([Sell Thru Qty]))

This worked, but the extended amount total is not correct, so i want to proceed with the fixed calculation:

First I just wrote the formula with fixed() function to add up to the totals according to the right level: I just type in the valuable name and click the one that is popped up as system default:

{ FIXED ATTR([Sheet1 (ACOPs file uploaded to Tableau)].[Account]),ATTR([Sheet1 (ACOPs file uploaded to Tableau)].[Part Number]): SUM([Sheet1 (ACOPs file uploaded to Tableau)].[ACOPs per unit])* SUM([Sell Thru Qty])}

Tableau told me the error is that :"Level of details expressions cannot contain table calculation of the ATTR function  "

So I have taken out the ATTR() and Tableau told me

{ FIXED [Sheet1 (ACOPs file uploaded to Tableau)].[Account],[Sheet1 (ACOPs file uploaded to Tableau)].[Part Number]: SUM([Sheet1 (ACOPs file uploaded to Tableau)].[ACOPs per unit])* SUM([Sell Thru Qty])}

"All fields in a level of detail expression must come from the same datasource"

Please help!

Thanks