2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2018 7:45 AM by binod lamichhane

Keeping latitude and longitude in rows tab

binod lamichhane

Hello, i am just an absolute beginner to Tableau. i am making a few sheets.

can any one tell me the difference between two operation that i circled with  red color?

please do explain about that in brief.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet      [1]

Imgur: The magic of the Internet       [2]

• 1. Re: Keeping latitude and longitude in rows tab
          luisa.bez

Hi Binod,

You've created a dual axis in your first image. Dual axes are two independent axes that are layered on top of each other. In the second image you've merely brought the same axis into the view a second time, thus creating another row with that data. I've illustrated it below with Superstore data.

1. No dual axis. I've got sales and profit over time in two different panes.

2. I've created a dual axis with sales and profit, which are now included in one pane. Please note, that I haven't synchronised the axes so it looks as if both measures had very similar values. But if you compare both y-axes you'll see that the sales axis goes up to $260,000 whereas the profit axis only reaches $40,000. You can synchronise a dual axis by right-clicking on either of the y-axes and selecting 'Synchronise axis'.

Please let me know if anything is unclear.

Best,

Luisa

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Keeping latitude and longitude in rows tab
            binod lamichhane

Luisa Bez     Thank you for such Clear explanation

1 of 1 people found this helpful