2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2018 12:35 PM by Imesh Bandara

Relationship Between Variables.

Imesh Bandara

Hi there, I need some expert advice on a Viz I am trying to create .

I need some expert advice on a Viz I am trying to create .

I have 10 species of frogs with some of their features including size, shape and etc. How can I plot these data to see the relationships between the  features of these frogs? I assume a correct viz must show the features of a single animal clustered  together from the other one. Datasheet attached.

Datasheet attached.

Thank you very much!

• 1. Re: Relationship Between Variables.
          Peter Fakan

Hi Imesh

I'm not 100% sure what you are looking for, but I started by loading it into Tableau for you and putting together a viz that allows you to compare the attributes of each species.

Appreciate if you could clarify what you are looking for and let me know

HTH 18.1 attached

Peter

• 2. Re: Relationship Between Variables.
            Imesh Bandara

Hi Pete,

Thank you very much for your reply. Sorry for not being clear in my previous question. I was wondering about   the possibility of creating a viz like in a principal component analysis.

For an  instant, the possible relationships between each animal species when their features are plotted on the plane. I was assuming a single species might show it's features clustered together like in the attached picture with a goal of indicating how each animal is different from others.

Thanks for your help!IMG_5694.jpg