2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2018 9:03 AM by patrick.byrne.0

Local User 'Tableau Software'

Lars Beumann

Dear community,

on our Windows Tableau Server (10.4) I noticed on every site an unlicensed local user account with the name 'Tableau Software'.

Normally we are using AD-Authentication and I'm wondering when this user is created and what exactly it is about. I can't see it on a new installed Tableau Server anymore.

I would be really happy if you can come up with some ideas on that.

Thanks in advanced

Lars

• 1. Re: Local User 'Tableau Software'
          kunal.dongre.0

Did you check if it is same as the "run as user"?

• 2. Re: Local User 'Tableau Software'
            patrick.byrne.0

Hello Lars,

As it does not appear in the new version of the product after installation, I would assume it was a created user, and it was being displayed as an unlicensed users because of the scenario below. (see bolded section below)

Name (Site Membership) / Site Role: If the user is not a server administrator, you can assign a user to zero or more sites, along with a site role for each site. You do not have to choose site membership and site role at this time. If you don’t specify site membership and site role for a new server user, the user will be added as a server user only, with a site role of Unlicensed.

Information was pulled from the following: Add Users to Tableau Server

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Byrne, Patrick