1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 10, 2018 5:25 PM by Farshad Rastgouy

Top and bottom 10 parameter and filter problem

Farshad Rastgouy

Hi, I'm making a viz summarising UK earnings and I want to make a chart that tells you the top and bottom 10 places in the UK for three different measures: average salary in relation to the national average, how much men are paid more than women and districts with the biggest difference in salaries in 2017 since 2012.

To display these three different measures on a chart, I need to use a parameter. However, things get complicated because the three different measures require different filter selections.

average salary in relation to the national average requires a filter to set the "year" to "2017" and the *** filter to "All"

how much men are paid more than women requires a filter to set the "year" to "2017" and the "***" filter to "Male" and "Female"

districts with the biggest difference in salaries in 2017 since 2012 requires a filter to select all the years for the "year" filter and the "***" filter to "All"

I need a way to set different filter settings for each parameter selection.

Here is the viz:

Tableau Public

The individual top and bottom 10 charts for all three of these measures are all there on different tabs if you want to see how I did them.

Thanks in advance