2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2018 11:19 PM by anil saini

Order date and ship date handled with one relative date filter

anil saini

Hi Experts,

I have below data set with me

I need to show

1) # of order placed

2) # of items shipped

I need a relative date filter, When i select Last 5 days in filter(which would be start date: 3 July, end date: 7 July),

I want to show

1) # of order placed : 1

2) # of items shipped: 2

Can anyone help me how to achieve this.

Please note: I need relative filter only, as this is the standard filter we have in our all dashboards.

TIA

Anil

• 1. Re: Order date and ship date handled with one relative date filter
          eva.lesny.0

You haven't told us what your standard filter looks like, so here is a solution using an integer parameter [Last N days]:

Create two calculated fields:

# Orders:

countd(IF [Order Date]>=DATEADD('day', -[Last N days],today()) AND [Order Date]<=today() THEN [Order ID] END )

# Shipped:

countd(IF [Ship Date]>=DATEADD('day', -[Last N days],today()) AND [Ship Date]<=today() THEN [Order ID] END )

They would need to be used on a worksheet were you don't use a filter for Order Date or Ship Date though as otherwise they will be affected by these filters.

If they need to be on a worksheet with one of those two filters then you could try placing them in a fixed expression.

• 2. Re: Order date and ship date handled with one relative date filter
            anil saini

Thanks Eva for the reply,

As already mentioned, our standard filter is relative date filter. Please find below snapshot   

By using parameters, there is no way of having the relative filter as per above screenshot.

Can we implement the same functionality with have relative date filter on our dashboard.