5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2018 2:52 PM by Sandeep Punjari

Showing 0(Zero) in Text Count

rakesh jadhav

Hi Team,

I am facing issue in Displaying 0(Zero) if No data is there in my database,the issue is every evening My Open count of Status Increase, but in morning

Open is blank so how to display 0(Zero) in my Text fields.

Please find the attachment of .twbx file

Thanks in advanced.

Thanks

Rakesh

• 1. Re: Showing 0(Zero) in Text Count
          Sankarmagesh Rajan

Hi Rakesh,

No text in your status like open or close then how it will count.

Its like nulls in status and count. if you have any dimension with data then it will display other wise empty sheet in your workbook.

Thanks

sankar

• 2. Re: Showing 0(Zero) in Text Count
            rakesh jadhav

Hi Sankar,

Currently i dint have any  data in Status (Open),but evening it will added in database as Status -Open then is easy for as to take count of that.

But issue is i didn't have data in database currently then how can i take count which is 0(Zero) in Display.

Thanks

Rakesh

• 3. Re: Showing 0(Zero) in Text Count
              Sandeep Punjari

Hi,

I currently use 10.3 version so having some issue in opening your workbook.

Anyways if I understood your problem correctly there is a work around for this, as there is no data in your database/ the source everything will be blnk.

>For this what you can do is create a text field and type in 0.

>Place the text box right under the column headers (currently there is no data so yo can not see any but after the table refresh you will see the headers).

>Set the floating order of the text box to send it back of work sheet.

>When the data is loaded the text box will be hidden under the sheet and the values show up.

Let me know if this help you.

• 4. Re: Showing 0(Zero) in Text Count
                rakesh jadhav

Hi sandeep,

Find the sample below ,Also can you please send me .twbx file for the same what you meant to say

Status****

In above sample currently to data is there so in  my visualization it should show 0(Zero)  and when Status is Open then in  my visualization it should show 1 sum of that.

Thanks in advanced.

Rakesh

• 5. Re: Showing 0(Zero) in Text Count
                  Sandeep Punjari

Hi Rakesh,

For some reason I can-not attach the package.

If there is no data, the sheet will be blank and there will be nothing to populate/ show. So you would need to create a text box and type in (something like "there is no data available" in your case it's 0). Place the text box right under the column name header, when ever the table gets updated with values the header shows up and the text box will be hidden under the worksheet.

Hope this answered your question.