6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2018 7:00 AM by kamran munib

data source

kamran munib

Hello everyone I have a custom sql that I want to use to extract the data .I have inserted the sql and got the results and then created a extract and saved as tde file. Now I wanted to updated on the sql but could do it. Can some one help me how should I create an extract so that it can be used for multiple dashboards? and how can I edit it because now it is a tde file but when I open and try to edit there is no option. From the drop down the options are  duplicate or Remove

• 1. Re: data source
          Deepak Rai

If you are trying to Edit SQL, Then in the Data view you can edit SQL and Get New Extract, but If you want to create a new .TDE, you will have to use your new SQL, Create Extract and New .TDE.

• 2. Re: data source
            kamran munib

Hi Deepak,

Thanks. I am using oracle and creating a custom sql to get the desired result. Now I have changed from live to extract and saved a copy locally and then exported to the server now I have a change requirement  and have to edit the custom sql in the same tde. But there is no option. So wanted to know what is the best way to create extract using custom sql so that it can be use for multiple dashboards. The tde I have right now its just showing me the results I pulled first time..

• 3. Re: data source
              Deepak Rai

Now you  need to Create a New .TDE with your New Custom SQL. When you will create extract with new SQL , it will prompt you where you want to save .TDE.  THE TDE you Created earlier would remain as such tied to previous SQL. So when it aks you to Save, Try Over writing the Previous .tde file

Thanks

Deepak

• 4. Re: data source
                kamran munib

so whenever there is a change I can create a new tde and overwrite the previous one and then upload it to the server and over write there also? When you create tde is it connected tp the databse(oracle,sql server) so whenever the data gets updated the extract will also update after schedule refresh? I have a tde opened I was trying to look for datasource info but could find it so wanted to make sure that extract is connected with the database.

Thanks a lot for your help.

• 5. Re: data source
                  Deepak Rai

so whenever there is a change I can create a new tde and overwrite the previous one and then upload it to the server and over write there also?

YES

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: data source
                    kamran munib

Thanks Deepak. You did a great job