3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2018 10:13 AM by Jim Dehner

Average using LOD

tarang.patel.3

Hello,

I am trying to create a calculation that averages here using LOD.

What I am trying to accomplish:

1. Average by Customer, Product, User  (example: User 9991 for Customer AAA  uses Product blue for an average of (x days a month) or (1+5+7+16+19+20)/6

2. Average by Customer, Product (example: User 9991+9992 for Customer AAA  uses Product blue for an average of (x days a month) or (1+5+7+16+19+20)+5+7+9+21+30+42/12

• 1. Re: Average using LOD
          Jim Dehner

is this what you wanted

formula:

{ FIXED [Customer],[Product],[User]: sum([Usage])/countd(([Date])) }

returns this

or in summary

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

• 2. Re: Average using LOD
            tarang.patel.3

Thanks, Jim. This is helpful, but what about

2. Average by Customer, Product (example: User 9991+9992 for Customer AAA  uses Product blue for an average of (x days a month) or (1+5+7+16+19+20)+5+7+9+21+30+42/12

• 3. Re: Average using LOD
              Jim Dehner

well are both avg going to be shown at the same time - if so you will need a second lod

which will return this is summary

if they will not be shown on the same viz just pull user off the row shelf and use the first LOD I sent - (it will give the result at the cust/prod level)

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

1 of 1 people found this helpful