2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2018 5:24 AM by Goncalo Alemao

Export More Data Than The One In The Table

Goncalo Alemao

Hello,

I would like to know if there is a possibility of while extracting a table get more info than the one that is visible?

Ex. Having a Table with order Number and Date, but then be able to extract that info plus the client, country and tracking number.

Thank you for the help!

Goncalo

• 1. Re: Export More Data Than The One In The Table
          nikher verma

Hi Goncalo Alemao ,

Yes you can get the data ,your data is based on your data source not on your table . A workbook may have different work sheets each having different tables. When you extract a workbook all your data are being pulled and for your table ,tableau have its own query and with the help of those queries you get the view of your table .

So in short yes you can extract your data if its there in your data source .

-Nikher Verma

• 2. Re: Export More Data Than The One In The Table
            Goncalo Alemao

Hi Nikher,

Thank you for the reply, but I still have one doubt.

I understand everything you said and how it works, but what I want is to share a Table on Tableau Online only with one figure (so that the table does not get very crowded) and after, if my client needs to extract it, have more info while extracting (but not all the database, just a few more figures than the ones shared on the table).

Again, as an example, I just want to share with my client the order number and when it was made so he can check it out. Afterwards, if we want to have a deeper look, I want to allow him to extract the order numbers displayed the table but with more information (but not all the database).

Thank you once again