3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2018 8:56 PM by Zhouyi Zhang

Multi filter option in calendar

Romil Godha

I have made a calendar, but I am unable to make a multi filter for this calendar.

Is there a way to make a multi filter for this calendar and also show all the dates at the same time.

If I select a value on the multi filter, I want to show all dates along with data for the value that I have selected.

Also, is there a way to include multiple events in a box of calendar without showing "...." that Tableau shows.

• 1. Re: Multi filter option in calendar
          Zhouyi Zhang

Hi, Romil

Please find my workaround attached.

Below is the steps:

Union your data to a calendar table. I believe your probably already left join your data to a calendar, but I recommend in a different way.

To avoid the '...', I create a rank for each event and hide the header from view. This is what it looks like as result.

Hope this helps

ZZ

• 2. Re: Multi filter option in calendar
            Romil Godha

Hey thank you Zhouyi

Is there a way to hide null value from the filter though? But I don't want to affect the date calendar.

Also while using ranking is it possible to make the cells smaller so the events fit in closer with each other and make sure that each block or cell of a date is of the same size. The ones with the event have a varied size compared to those without an event

• 3. Re: Multi filter option in calendar
              Zhouyi Zhang

Hi, Romil

I don't there will be a better way to exclude null in the filter as this is the data structure .  And to your 2nd question, if without the rank, it is not easy for tableau to know whether the events fit in the cells, and then the '...' will come back again as it doesn't know how many it would be.

ZZ