2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2018 1:54 AM by kumar.c

Matching Parameter to Dimension

Sneha Darsi

Hi All,

I have a workbook that shows how long sources run in a daily format. I thought this workbook was completed, but was recently told to add a consumer selection as well. So the idea is that when you click on any consumer from the drop down, you will be able to see only the sources that are matched with that consumer name on the date selected. For example, on April 4th, 2018, it shows all the sources that ran that day, but if I select KYC, it would only show the sources that match that consumer. Adding Consumer Name as a filter does the job, but it uses the list method of checking or unchecking boxes and I was told that it had to be a drop down. I added the Consumer Name Parameter, but I'm not sure how to connect it to the "Source Sys Name" dimension. I tried this formula: [Consumer Name Parameter]= [Source Sys Name]. But it erases all the data. Any help would be much appreciated! The Tableau version I'm using is 10.2

• 1. Re: Matching Parameter to Dimension
          Tushar  More

Hi Sneha,

You add Consumer name to filter > Show filter and change it to drop down

~Tushar

• 2. Re: Matching Parameter to Dimension
            kumar.c

Hi Sneha,

As per my observation because of the filter View Date Parameter match you are getting less records in your view/sheet as below:

you have a calculation field with calculation:

[Consumer Name Parameter]=[Source Sys Name]

In the parameter they are multiple values, but there is only one value i.e ICS matching with the values of Source Sys Name in the view so except for ICS for others the sheet will be blank.

Hope this will give some information. Please tell me for any more info.