1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 11, 2018 9:36 AM by Patrick A Van Der Hyde

[Filter] Action into another worksheet but want full result group by associated data

Leng Hong Leong

Let say I have a worksheet like this

PC IDAvg % of CPU   Usage

and I have a menu action filter based on PC ID, that will bring me to another worksheet that's based on a different datasource.

For example if I select all the PC ID and click the action filter, it will bring me to the worksheet below.

Used Application within periodPC ID
      M.Office2
      Tableau5
      WPS110

Which is what most users would want, kudos to tableau. But what I want is if the PC ID on worksheet 1 used one of the application, the full list of PC ID that used that application show up.[if application contains at least one PC ID from worksheet 1, show the application and the full associated PC ID including those that's not in worksheet 1]

So it will be something like this:

Used Application within periodPC ID
      M.Office2
      Tableau5
      WPS110

What I am doing now as a workaround is to has another action filter in worksheet 2, where user has to select all used application and click the action filter to get to what they really want which is worksheet 3.

But this is rather inconvenient when there are 100+ application result in worksheet 2 and tableau does not has a select all method so user has to ctrl-click every single one of it.

Are there some ways to do this through single action filter or at least make it easier on the user side?

-customsql left join datasource1 will create a lot of unnecessary data with the same data at least x4 or up, and the time frame of records is per minutes, so if possible I would not want to do that. I also can not aggregate time then left join since time is user choice dynamic.

-I think something similar to LOD fixed will works but LOD fixed only pull one result instead of a full list group by