4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2018 10:37 AM by waqar ahmad

Help - Comparing values in a line chart using Multiple Data Sources

waqar ahmad

Hi everyone,

I've been stuck with this for two days as its my first time trying something like this and I couldnt find a solution anywhere in the community that applied to my particular case..

I'm trying to take the "Baseline Data" sheet and add it to my existing Line Chart in my June vs Latest Plan New sheet within the attached Tableau report. This Baseline Sheet has a column called Level 2 category from which I need the Planned Cap and the Planned Expense added to my tableau worksheet mentioned above which also has planned Capital, Planned Expense, and Category 2 of its own.. from a different data source!

Not sure How to do it because the workbook is using Datasource filters and I'm not sure how to get around this without affecting my new data sheet. I'm also not sure if its my join type thats causing the issue. Ive tried blending data as well as joining all different types but the data within my sheet is not correct when using my new data source..

I've attached a screenshot of what I'm trying to see, as well as my workbook and the new excel data source.

Your help is greatly regarded,

Waqar