2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2018 5:19 AM by Jim Dehner

Show data of 2 tables linked to 1 data source on 1 graph

Alexander M

Hey guys!

I have 2 tables linked to 1 data source and want to visualize both of them on 1 graph. 1st table is simple one with some filters, 2nd consists of multiple values list filter.

I tried to create new column with triggers (in order to identify when user choose particular customer) using parameter, but it isn't appropriate because parameter allows to choose just 1 option. I also used this link Creating a Dynamic “Parameter” with a Tableau Data Blend | Drawing with Numbers and tried to duplicate data source to use filters from secondary data source, but it didn't solve the problem.

See attached file to make it more clear.

Is there a way to do it? Thanks in advance for any help or insight,

Alex

• 1. Re: Show data of 2 tables linked to 1 data source on 1 graph
          Jim Dehner

Good morning

I'm confused on what you are trying to accomplish

you have 3 worksheet that are brought together on a dashboard - the parameter top N is applied to 2 of them only -

the third sheet is controlled by a filter on customer name (i.e. you did not apply the top N filter to the choos customer worksheet

What was the expectation?

Jim

• 2. Re: Show data of 2 tables linked to 1 data source on 1 graph
            Alexander M

Jim, thanks for your answer!

My expectation is to show the values from both tables at the graph. For example, referring to your screen, the graph should show 11 points (TOP-7 from 1st table and 4 selected values from the 2nd table). The initial goal of this dashboard is to compare consumers that user is interested in (2nd table) with TOP-N consumers (1st table).

My problem is that I don't know how to make the chart controled by 2 filters linked to different tables.

Thank you,

Alex