3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2018 9:36 AM by Jim Dehner

Working with filters

Piyush Jain

Hi all,

Is it possible to have below functionality in tableau using parameters and filters? PFA tableau packaged workbook.

If a user selects Site view (in parameter), then Area filter shall default to All or become inoperable so that a user is not allowed to make an Area selection.

If a user selects Area view (in parameter), then based on the selection in the Site filter, the relevant Areas of that Site will populate the Area filter.

Thanks,

Piyush Jain

• 1. Re: Working with filters
          Jim Dehner

not sure I fully understand the expectation but see the attached

this formula

is that what you want?

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

• 2. Re: Working with filters
            Piyush Jain

Hey Jim,

Thanks for reply but this is not what required. Let me explain again.

Lets say on a dashboard if user selects site from parameter then the Area filter should get disable or user will not have the capability to select any area.

Secondly if user selects area from parameter then Area filter should show relevant values for a particular site selected in a site filter above that.

Hope I am able to make it clear now.

Thanks,

Piyush

• 3. Re: Working with filters
              Jim Dehner

see the 2 red tabs

the way this works is on the d/b the user selects Area and the filter allows them to filter by area only - not by site (i.e. site filter is disabled)

when the parameter is site the user can then only filter by site - (i.e. area is disabled)

is that the functionality you want

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.